Re: [PrimeNumbers] LA UNIDAD NO ES PRI MO

  • Alan Eliasen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2012
      On 02/07/2012 01:24 PM, Juan Ignacio Casaubon wrote:
      > La unidad no es primo porque tiene dos divisores en vez de cuatro;
      > ademas, si lo fuera, seria invalido EL TEOREMA FUNAMENTAL DE LA
      > ARITMÉTICA: Todo número es producto UNICO DE PRIMOS

      Dr. Casaubon,

      I hope you see that your definition as you state it doesn't clarify
      things. Of which primes is 1 the product? Either your statement of the
      fundamental theorem of arithmetic is broken, or your definition of
      primes is broken. Either one needs exceptions to work. Either the
      exceptions have to be made in the "fundamental theorem" or in your
      definition of "prime." (And maybe your definition of "number". I
      wonder about 0 and 1.5 and 2+3i.)

      --
      Alan Eliasen
      eliasen@...