Primes --> Primes

  • samir.musali
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2012
      If p:
      1) is not the 1st element of the set of primes;
      2) does not equal 2;
      3) equals either minimum 3 or other primes;
      (2^p+1)/3=p*
      (p*-->prime can be equal p or not).

      The problem: if p=17 then p*=17*a (a--> any integer).

      The question: is there any prime as 17?

      At the end, I can say that "1" is not prime and when p=1 then p* also equals 1 and if we noticed that the conditions (1, 2, 3) contain the numbers which are used in the formula.

      Sincerely,

      By Samir Musali
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2012
        From: samir.musali
        > If p:
        > 1) is not the 1st element of the set of primes;
        > 2) does not equal 2;
        > 3) equals either minimum 3 or other primes;
        > (2^p+1)/3=p*
        > (p*-->prime can be equal p or not).
        >
        > The problem: if p=17 then p*=17*a (a--> any integer).
        >
        > The question: is there any prime as 17?
        >
        > At the end, I can say that "1" is not prime and when p=1
        > then p* also equals 1 and if we noticed that the conditions
        > (1, 2, 3) contain the numbers which are used in the
        > formula.

        I'm not sure I completelf follow you, but what you've written looks remarkably similar to the conjecture here:

        http://primes.utm.edu/glossary/xpage/NewMersenneConjecture.html