Re: PFGW 3.5.4

    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 7, 2011
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "j_chrtn" <j_chrtn@...> wrote:

      > I could not imagine when I asked Mark for a nextprime function
      > in pfgw about 2 weeks ago that it would be such a work and that
      > it would generate such interest. But now, thanks to Mark's great
      > work an with the help of people here we finally got it

      "Ask, and it shall be given you;
      seek, and ye shall find;
      knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

      > and it seems quite performance!

      I have not timed nextprime() against smart use of a scriptfile.
      But it's good to know that at the convenient command line it
      outperformed Pari-GP (with GMP) at 7535 digits.

      David
    • mgrogue@wi.rr.com
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 17, 2011
        ---- Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:
        > Equating a request to use the most appropriate venue for discussion to expressing a desire for someone to leave the list seems more than a little over the top. (And a falsity, to boot.)
        >
        > Mark, can you try to restrict minor updates about PFGW to the channels devoted to it, please? That's after all precisely what they exist for. Casual prime hunters are going to want to know about stable major updates, but without stability, such updates can do more harm than good.

        Will do.