Re: GRU and NTG record

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011

      > The next-to-largest helper
      > Phi(754,34120)/(40476229*76657481993)
      > was also rather useful, not so?
      > How long might CHG have taken without it?
      >
      > Best regards
      >
      > David

      Without the 2.9% factorization from the p1505 helper, I would have had to run CHG at 26.7%, similar to Andy's proof of Phi(3793,18371). CHG would probably need h=15 or more, and with a candidate over 50k digits, I'd guess it would have taken on the order of one week for the CHG part of the proof, depending on how many CPUs I devoted to the task.

      Certainly it's more than the:
      >Total=5491s
      time that Primo 4.0.0 LG32 spent on the ECPP certificate for p1505.

      The Primo certificate for p12155 is now online at:

      http://www.ellipsa.eu/public/primo/files/ecpp12155.zip

      Incidentally this appears to be the first time the Top-5000 canonicalizer did not alter the form of my ECPP prime submission.

      Tom
    • Bouk de Water
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2011
        Very impressive! Congratulations!

        The NTG record has been ours (David and me) for a very long time. I'm actually quite happy somebody broke it.

        Time to take it back ;-)

        All te best,

        Bouk.