GRU and NTG record

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
      Congrats to Tom for beating the GRU and NTG records, with
      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=101439
      helped by a monster Primo proof:
      http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=101438

      David
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011

        > Congrats to Tom for beating the GRU and NTG records, with
        > http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=101439
        > helped by a monster Primo proof:
        > http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=101438
        >
        > David

        Thanks! Details of the CHG proof (29.6%) are posted at:

        http://xenon.stanford.edu/~tjw/pp/34120_11311/index.html

        The Primo certificate has been submitted to Marcel Martin's Top-20 list.

        Tom
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
          "Tom" <tjw99@...> wrote:

          > Details of the CHG proof (29.6%) are posted at:
          > http://xenon.stanford.edu/~tjw/pp/34120_11311/index.html
          > The Primo certificate has been submitted to
          > Marcel Martin's Top-20 list.

          The next-to-largest helper
          Phi(754,34120)/(40476229*76657481993)
          was also rather useful, not so?
          How long might CHG have taken without it?

          Best regards

          David
        • Tom
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2011

            > The next-to-largest helper
            > Phi(754,34120)/(40476229*76657481993)
            > was also rather useful, not so?
            > How long might CHG have taken without it?
            >
            > Best regards
            >
            > David

            Without the 2.9% factorization from the p1505 helper, I would have had to run CHG at 26.7%, similar to Andy's proof of Phi(3793,18371). CHG would probably need h=15 or more, and with a candidate over 50k digits, I'd guess it would have taken on the order of one week for the CHG part of the proof, depending on how many CPUs I devoted to the task.

            Certainly it's more than the:
            >Total=5491s
            time that Primo 4.0.0 LG32 spent on the ECPP certificate for p1505.

            The Primo certificate for p12155 is now online at:

            http://www.ellipsa.eu/public/primo/files/ecpp12155.zip

            Incidentally this appears to be the first time the Top-5000 canonicalizer did not alter the form of my ECPP prime submission.

            Tom
          • Bouk de Water
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2011
              Very impressive! Congratulations!

              The NTG record has been ours (David and me) for a very long time. I'm actually quite happy somebody broke it.

              Time to take it back ;-)

              All te best,

              Bouk.