Status of the research on the Twin Primes Conjecture ?

  • whygee@f-cpu.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 8:24 AM
      Hello list,

      about every 6 months, I unearth my notes and
      ideas about the demonstration of the TPC
      and here comes that time of the year again...

      In nov. 2009, I published this article :

      http://www.unixgarden.com/index.php/programmation/un-algorithme-additif-et-iteratif-pour-construire-les-nombres-premiers
      where I described and analysed a wheel-based prime generator
      and got encouraging results, but I was not satisfied by the
      difficulty of proving certain key properties ("what if"s).

      Since Steve Maddox published his own prime generator here
      (just one year ago), I believe it is possible to create a more
      straight-forward demonstration : his own version of the wheel
      is equivalent to mine (basic properties and results still apply)
      but his data organisation makes more key properties obvious so
      the "what if"s disappear.

      My questions are :

      * What other demonstration paths are currently studied
      and yielding successful results ? I hear/read that
      it's constantly about to be definitely, undoubtedly
      proved but...

      * Who would like to help me rebuild the demonstration
      from the ground up in order to ensure that no flaw
      remains ? (this time it will be in english)

      * How to deal with the fact that, usually, I get uninterested or bad
      feedback for my work because few people take the time
      to understand (or even read) the text ? I always do my best to be
      clear and explicit but anybody who doesn't "get" a
      detail can pretend the method doesn't work. Where do
      I stop trying to explain the basics ?

      * Once the text of the demonstration is complete, what
      do I do with it ? Since it's in english i can't publish
      it in France. I'll put it on my website but so what ?

      Happy summer,
      Yann