Article's about, comments or would like to request up.

  • murat.cagliyan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2011
      Hi;
      Here's an article on Primality testing and have a set of prime numbers. Can I get your comments and suggestions on this subject?
      Thank you to all of you.
      Best Regards ..

      Article 1: http://www.oncubilim.net/Matematik/Matematik0802.htm
      Article 2: http://www.oncubilim.net/Matematik/Matematik0803.htm
    • Alan Eliasen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2011
        On 06/26/2011 02:55 AM, murat.cagliyan wrote:
        > Hi;
        > Here's an article on Primality testing and have a set of prime numbers. Can I get your comments and suggestions on this subject?
        > Thank you to all of you.
        > Best Regards ..
        >
        > Article 1: http://www.oncubilim.net/Matematik/Matematik0802.htm
        > Article 2: http://www.oncubilim.net/Matematik/Matematik0803.htm

        What does your algorithm say about the primality of
        1283730104038394219438396668181104666811427360309026099852317 ?

        How long does it take to prove it prime or composite?

        --
        Alan Eliasen
        eliasen@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 27, 2011
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
          "murat.cagliyan" <murat.cagliyan@...> wrote:

          > Can I get your comments

          The article may be shortened as follows:

          "An integer x > 1 is prime if and only if
          h^2+4*x is not a square for any non-negative integer
          h less than x-1."

          This simply proved proposition is of no practical value
          for proving the primality of large numbers.

          I remark that a little trial division reduces the enormous
          burden by a small factor. For example:

          An integer x > 1 that is coprime to 210 is prime if and only if
          h^2+4*x is not a square for any non-negative integer
          h less than x/11.

          Yet even this improvement is useless, for large x.

          David
        • Mathieu Therrien
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 27, 2011
            Personnally, I found this approach less harshed then conventionnal way.

            But since I had to work in MATLAB too, don't you find that matrix size limitation is a big problem to that method,

            Even if you rupture them appart and have a lot of computing fire?