Processing calculation to find prime numbers

  • mathieu344
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      Hello everyone, I'm new to this community!

      You seem very rigorous about what you doing and I must say: I'm glad to join people who are passionate about their work.

      Personally, I'm doing some research surrounding musics (waves length) and prime numbers. Thus, I'm not rly good in programation and busted MATLAB in 30 seconds.

      I need some help first, because I heard there is a new way to know if any numbers of any size could be a prime numbers, but I can't find any information about it. I would like to know an approximation time to run that kind of analyses on a personnal computer for VERY large numbers.

      I would like to compare theorical to pratical matter and run some tests to check the limitation of my "technique" of computing calculation on wave length on an infinite size "box" that contain chromatic value and in between to re-create a complete surface (without missing important point).

      Therefore, first I need to check if the structure in which I work respond to some sort of singularity.

      I hope anyone could answer 1 or 2 of my questions.

      N.B. Please disregard if I did some grammatical error, english is not my first langage....