Re: [PrimeNumbers] Prime Number Generator & Goldbach's Conjecture

  • Bill Krys
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2011
      Yann,

      I don't believe you understand my generator. I don't think it directly relates to the Wheel Factorization process. I am not sure if mine is a sieve, as I understand a sieve to start with a set of numbers and then sieve out the primes. With my generator, the primes are generated incrementally. However, in a general sense, by selecting only primes to be generated, then I guess one could view it as a sieve, but then again, any prime number generator could be viewed as a sieve and then the meaning of sieve becomes unclear, to me anyway.

      What I am working on now is looking at clockwise and counter-clockwise rotations that produce primes on either side of an integer.

      Bill Krys

      This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.