Re: Prize Puzzle $$:

  • Aldrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2011
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Aldrich" <aldrich617@...> wrote:

      > It is my contention that the principle
      > of Primemine2 makes it a valid primality
      > test for all 8499 batches of outputs
      > produced. Since proof for this type of
      > en masse testing is unlikely to be found
      > anytime soon, I am seeking to find any
      > counterexamples among the four billion
      > integers on the list that I claim to be
      > prime, be they either pseudoprime or
      > programming error.
      >
      > I offer $100 for the first one found.
      >
      > Aldrich

      Caveat! A power of a prime does not count
      as a counterexample; it is easily accounted
      for and is neither a psuedoprime nor programming
      error - merely a minor exception along with
      integers N mod 111 = 0 that have a single factor
      3 and/or 7 that must be removed.

      I see also that the original statement above
      suggests that the principle might stop working at
      batch 8500. Not so! It should be able
      theoretically to go on to any arbitrary limit,
      though practically speaking there are various
      constraints.

      a.