Prize Puzzle $$:

  • Aldrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 6:17 AM
      It is my contention that the principle
      of Primemine2 makes it a valid primality
      test for all 8499 batches of outputs
      produced. Since proof for this type of
      en masse testing is unlikely to be found
      anytime soon, I am seeking to find any
      counterexamples among the four billion
      integers on the list that I claim to be
      prime, be they either pseudoprime or
      programming error.

      I offer $100 for the first one found.

      Aldrich
    • Aldrich
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12 1:40 PM
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Aldrich" <aldrich617@...> wrote:

        > It is my contention that the principle
        > of Primemine2 makes it a valid primality
        > test for all 8499 batches of outputs
        > produced. Since proof for this type of
        > en masse testing is unlikely to be found
        > anytime soon, I am seeking to find any
        > counterexamples among the four billion
        > integers on the list that I claim to be
        > prime, be they either pseudoprime or
        > programming error.
        >
        > I offer $100 for the first one found.
        >
        > Aldrich

        Caveat! A power of a prime does not count
        as a counterexample; it is easily accounted
        for and is neither a psuedoprime nor programming
        error - merely a minor exception along with
        integers N mod 111 = 0 that have a single factor
        3 and/or 7 that must be removed.

        I see also that the original statement above
        suggests that the principle might stop working at
        batch 8500. Not so! It should be able
        theoretically to go on to any arbitrary limit,
        though practically speaking there are various
        constraints.

        a.