Re: [PrimeNumbers] The Perfect Cipher

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
      --- On Wed, 3/2/11, cipher <websitequestions@...> wrote:

      With an email address like that, I knew as I approved your membership requst that you might be the source of less useful posts. Seems I was right.

      > http://perfectcypher.com/

      """
      # "The system must not require secrecy and can be stolen by the enemy without causing trouble."

      Messages written with this cipher can safely be posted on every billboard in an enemies country without them knowing where the breaks are.
      let alone them ever being able to decipher it even if they knew where the breaks were.
      """

      That's a complete and flagrant misinterpretation of the rule. That rule means that the security of the system remains uncompromised even if the algorithm for encryption and decryption is known to the enemy. Or in simpler terms "all the security is in the key".

      Certainty in that assertion is usually accompanied by the /ab initio/ publishing of the algorithm(s). The challenge in your website fails to so so, and I would guess is almost certainly quite the opposite of a "perfect" cipher.

      Please do not pretend to teach cryptography until you've actually learnt some.