The Perfect Cipher

  • cipher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      http://perfectcypher.com/

      vjl2 f55u euta haoz g62i hdyo crti as67 nz1y h42o kid3 x1ti xa7y sy7u pie3 biu3 s9e5 lh56
      xa11 qii9 ta53 zm64 vj84 ck26 bd52 bz7t via8 uo19 r43e weo7 z62l sv74 cg9y ya93 c4oo
      gs16 j82p id64 rba3 oy3a xvii qy27 p99z ic4y gsi3 ie11 l329 pua7 r1ra lav5 wnc5 yto7 t4b2
      vr84 ny39 qso7 pbve fa47 aezh oeoi huat p69e f2e6 nv95 sk2u mgj6 gcyj iiw7 bdoj v2c6
      9631 w18u oj8i vnhx urn7 yx62 ngms u1zs b2n4 xubw ipy1 s4uo l834 fy81 v827 j85o neam
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
        --- On Wed, 3/2/11, cipher <websitequestions@...> wrote:

        With an email address like that, I knew as I approved your membership requst that you might be the source of less useful posts. Seems I was right.

        > http://perfectcypher.com/

        """
        # "The system must not require secrecy and can be stolen by the enemy without causing trouble."

        Messages written with this cipher can safely be posted on every billboard in an enemies country without them knowing where the breaks are.
        let alone them ever being able to decipher it even if they knew where the breaks were.
        """

        That's a complete and flagrant misinterpretation of the rule. That rule means that the security of the system remains uncompromised even if the algorithm for encryption and decryption is known to the enemy. Or in simpler terms "all the security is in the key".

        Certainty in that assertion is usually accompanied by the /ab initio/ publishing of the algorithm(s). The challenge in your website fails to so so, and I would guess is almost certainly quite the opposite of a "perfect" cipher.

        Please do not pretend to teach cryptography until you've actually learnt some.