titanic AP9

  • Norman Luhn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hello,....maybe it is to late.

      Today , I edit the newpgen.ini , edit line "BitmapThreshold".

      You can break the 485MB limit for speed up the sieving...

      best
    • paulunderwooduk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Norman Luhn <nluhn@...> wrote:

        > Hello,....maybe it is to late.
        >
        > Today , I edit the newpgen.ini , edit line "BitmapThreshold".
        >
        > You can break the 485MB limit for speed up the sieving...

        The sieving was completed a month or so ago. It was a 44 billion range split into 11 sieving blocks and took a GHz year and resulted in a 130GB pfgw input file, which jas been split into 460 300Mb subfiles.

        We will be doing a scan of a range of 10 billion in about a week from now. We surpassed the never^5 limit.

        You might be able to edit the ini file but the newpgen program might not run correctly. Paul?

        Paul
      • Norman Luhn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2011
          Maybe Paul is absent....

          I don't know....I have test a big file and indeed , newpgen told me 723 MB with "using fastarray" (BitmapThreshold = 6068474880)