A new primorial prime

  • mgrogue@wi.rr.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2010
      PrimeGrid is in the process of verifying a new primorial prime!

      All I can reveal is that it is over 250,000 digits in size and is of the -1 form. It proven it will be the first primorial of the -1 form discovered since 1992.

      Considering that two new factorial primes were found this year, this has been a banner year for the project.

      --Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2010
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
        <mgrogue@...> wrote:

        > All I can reveal is that it is over 250,000 digits in size
        > and is of the -1 form.

        Congrats on the PRP.

        The form p#-1 is quite tough to prove, since there are a lot of
        gcds to test in the Mihailescu tree. It will be interesting to
        see how long it takes with the latest OpenPFGW.

        Best regards

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2010
          "djbroadhurst" <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:

          > The form p#-1 is quite tough to prove, since there are a lot of
          > gcds to test in the Mihailescu tree. It will be interesting to
          > see how long it takes with the latest OpenPFGW.

          Congratulations to Michal Gasewicz, whose primorial
          form is now in process at the Prime Pages:
          http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=97061

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2011
            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
            "djbroadhurst" <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:

            > The form p#-1 is quite tough to prove, since there are a lot of
            > gcds to test in the Mihailescu tree.

            http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=97061
            shows that it took 9 days to prove, at the prime pages:
            Calling Brillhart-Lehmer-Selfridge with factored part 33.33%
            843301#-1 is prime! (828247.1913s+5.2661s)
            [Elapsed time: 9.59 days]