RE: [PrimeNumbers] AKS prime number test

  • Walter Nissen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
      Hi , all ,

      At 2010-12-10 13:27, "Chris Caldwell" <caldwell@...> wrote :

      > Some very sharp folks are working on it.

      Great , I'm very glad to hear this .

      > But the key success of AKS was answering the P vs NP question.

      Another point is that AKS is actually a primality test .
      Many writers have a tendency to omit the "pseudo-" from
      "pseudo-primality test" when describing a compositeness test .

      > In theory the constants do not matter,
      > in practice, they can be everything!!!

      Indeed , so true .
      See my similar point in "Counting in Separate Realms" ,
      http://upforthecount.com/math/asymtotes.html

      Cheers ,

      Walter