Re: [PrimeNumbers] Sieving Prime Tools

  • Mark Rodenkirch
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2010
      PrimeGrid is currently running a GFN search. They are covering some
      of the same ground as Yves's search, but only because they want to be
      thorough as some ranges from the original search were never returned.
      Yves's genefer also failed to report roundoff errors correctly, so I
      suspect that results for higher b might be correct.

      I would recommend srsieve. It is much faster than any other choices
      for fixed-k sieving. There is also gcwsieve (from Geoff Reynolds as
      well) for Cullens and Woodalls. There is also fpsieve (psieve and
      fsieve as well) developed by me being used by PrimeGrid.

      --Mark