Re: T-Sequence faster than APRT-CLE

    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 11, 2010
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "djbroadhurst" <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:

      > Non certum est, quia impossibile.

      Explanation: Bill's latest wriggle is this:
      > A prime has to pass 2 full-period tests with 2 different seeds
      > and then it can be declared prime
      Yet we know composite numbers that pass *all* "T-sequence" tests.

      Bill intends to
      > program it in Java to allow for large integers
      where large, for him, means more than 8 digits.
      Then he will feel the inevitable Pinch:
      http://www.chalcedon.demon.co.uk/rgep/p20.pdf

      David
    • Chris Caldwell
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 27, 2010
        > When I was a graduate student of physics at the University of Texas:
        as late as 2000 our department of
        > computational relativity STILL used Fortran to do all its calculations
        of colliding neutron stars!

        As an undergraduate I learned Fortran, Compass, and had a course in
        Algol, because "it is the language of the future!" My first course in
        High School was IBM 360 Assembly Language (because the school district
        had one--that was the year before we got the PDP 1 and switched to basic
        on paper tape). Those I knew still using Fortran a few years ago were
        doing so because of the parallelized libraries useful on the massively
        paralyzed super computers. Sometimes you write in the language used
        locally, rather than what you want (e.g., 360 Assembly, Compass, ...).