Re: T-Sequence faster than APRT-CLE

  • paulunderwooduk
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 9, 2010
      ..

      > 99999999 is neither prime nor not prime. What is such a number called?

      your program works now! it is composite, Maybe I did not see the word "composite" change after testing another composite number. It was so fast!

      You should have a look at factoris:
      http://wims.unice.fr/wims/en_tool~algebra~factor.html

      Paul
    • Chris Caldwell
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 27, 2010
        > When I was a graduate student of physics at the University of Texas:
        as late as 2000 our department of
        > computational relativity STILL used Fortran to do all its calculations
        of colliding neutron stars!

        As an undergraduate I learned Fortran, Compass, and had a course in
        Algol, because "it is the language of the future!" My first course in
        High School was IBM 360 Assembly Language (because the school district
        had one--that was the year before we got the PDP 1 and switched to basic
        on paper tape). Those I knew still using Fortran a few years ago were
        doing so because of the parallelized libraries useful on the massively
        paralyzed super computers. Sometimes you write in the language used
        locally, rather than what you want (e.g., 360 Assembly, Compass, ...).