Huge Text File Editor (PI, e, phi)

  • Ali Adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2010
      Peace to you all dear brothers and sisters,

      In case you needs to browse/search/edit/analyze huge text files (GB or even TB) on Windows quickly, then (al-hamdu liAllah) I have written a freeware Editor for this very purpose as many on Internet forums seem to be struggling with opening few large log files and if they do can only view not edit.

      You may download GigaEdit from www.heliwave.com/GigaEdit.html
      It is can handle ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16 aka Unicode, Unicode BE, and UTF-32 encodings.

      I have made this utility so I can analyze PI = 3.14159... after listening to the CONTACT novel not movie, where the author the late Carl Sagan, suggest there is some pattern to be found few kilometers down the PI digits (font size 1 :) in base 11.

      I have added the ability to analyze the frequency of each digit or letter, repeated digts like "11111" length and positions, and a "word indexer" so we can find the positions of each word in a book and how many times it repeats.

      I hope this will be useful to you or someone you know.

      Please report any bugs you will find or any feature you wish to be added :)

      Salam,

      Ali
      God > infinty
      www.heliwave.com