Proth's other 3 primality-related theorems

  • Proth Proth
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      Wikipedia and other net sources state that Francois Proth stated 4
      primality-related theorems, but I can only find information about Proth's
      theorem concerning Proth numbers.

      What are the other 3 theorems he stated? And where can I find more information
      about them?

      Thank you.

      proth359

    • Chris Caldwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
        > What are the other 3 theorems he stated? And where can I find more
        information about them?

        The obvious place to look is in his articles. If you are not
        willing/able to do that, and want a beautiful history, see Williams'
        "Edouard Lucas and primality testing" (Wiley-Intescience). What you
        want is on pages 121 and 122. If what you want instead is just a good
        source for primality testing, get Pomerance an Crandall's book. It will
        not have al four results, but so what? It will have what is useful.

        CC