Frequencies of prime to prime distances

  • cwildgruber34
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2010
      This is my first posting to this group but I don't want to bore you with my life
      story. I only want to let you know that I am German and a crystallographer
      by training.
      Before I started posting I read many of the 27k+ messages but did not
      find much related to what I am trying to find out. I am wondering if somebody
      has established histograms of prime to prime distances for extended ranges of
      consecutive prime numbers in the 50 to 500 digit size range. I'll try to upload a
      graph to illustrate what I am talking about (Fig_28_08_2010.jpg, 72kB) once I
      have figured out how to. I generated the data with a (really small) pari-gp program
      on my Mac laptop. If the graph turns out to be 'correct' I am interested in
      discussing some of the properties, especially for the case when the size of the prime numbers involved varies. Of course I'll be happy to share my little pari-gp
      program or a higher resolution version of the graph if anybody is interested.

      Thanks,

      Chris