Re: Forward: pi(10^24) assuming RH

  • andrey_601
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 25, 2010
      > So with 358G zeros the Weil's formula would give the deviation of about 1e5, but not as small as 3e-8.
      >
      > Some tricks were definitely performed there...

      One of them could be evaluation of pi(x) for the large number of samples near x = 10^24 (maybe that's why fftw3 was used). After some sieving we obtain many estimations for pi(10^24) and take the mean of them, reducing the error statistically.

      Such a method was called Monte-Carlo method by Kevin Stueve:
      http://sage.math.washington.edu/edu/2010/414/projects/stueve.pdf