Concerning Twin Primes

  • Bob Gilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
      Assume a and b to be the largest known twin primes.

      Let x be an integer from 0 to no limit.

      Applying the following formula a^2 - b - 6x will inevitably result in an even
      number [E], which lies directly between 2 prime numbers, greater than the
      original a and b assumption. Finding the value of x is of course the hard part!

      Is this why twin primes are inexhaustible?

      Examples

      a b x [E]

      5 7 0 18
      11 13 0 108
      17 19 0 270
      29 31 0 810
      41 43 3 1620
      71 73 0 4968
      101 103 1 10092
      107 109 28 11172
      137 139 15 18540
      149 151 2 22038
      179 181 2 31848
      191 193 30 36108
      197 199 0 38610
      227 229 10 51240
      239 241 12 56808
      269 271 0 72090
      281 283 18 78570

      Bob Gilson
    • Yann GUIDON
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
        hi,

        Le jeu 19/08/10 12:10 , Bob Gilson a écrit::
        >Assume a and b to be the largest known twin primes.
        >Let x be an integer from 0 to no limit.
        ok

        >Applying the following formula a^2 - b - 6x will inevitably result in an even
        >number [E], which lies directly between 2 prime numbers,
        sorry, I am probably too n00b but why is that ?

        > greater than the
        >original a and b assumption. Finding the value of x is of course the hard part!
        maybe but i'm already lost at the first assumption.

        >Is this why twin primes are inexhaustible?
        and why concentrate on twins only ?
        if the twin primes conjecture is proved, the others can be, too,
        using the same type of demonstration
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polignac%27s_conjecture

        good luck,

        >Bob Gilson
        yg
        --
        http://yasep.org - http://ygdes.com
      • Bob Gilson
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2010
          Yann Guidon wrote

          hi,

          Le jeu 19/08/10 12:10 , Bob Gilson a écrit::
          >Assume a and b to be the largest known twin primes.
          >Let x be an integer from 0 to no limit.
          ok

          >Applying the following formula a^2 - b - 6x will inevitably result in an even
          >number [E], which lies directly between 2 prime numbers,
          sorry, I am probably too n00b but why is that ?

          > greater than the
          >original a and b assumption. Finding the value of x is of course the hard part!

          maybe but i'm already lost at the first assumption.

          >Is this why twin primes are inexhaustible?
          and why concentrate on twins only ?
          if the twin primes conjecture is proved, the others can be, too,
          using the same type of demonstration
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polignac%27s_conjecture

          good luck,

          yg

          I simply made an observation - at no time did I claim the demonstration to be a
          proof of anything and merely asked a question. But thank you for the input.
          Bob

          I did not not make any claim