PrimePi in Mathematica

  • pbtoau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2010
      I use Mathematica 7 and Windows 7. With this implementation the maximum value it can handle is PrimePi[249999999999999]=7783516108362.
      I don't know where they get the 8e13 value on Mathworld. It is hard to get information from Wolfram on their implementation of this function. A fast computer takes a couple of minutes to evaluate the function at this height. I encourage them to raise the limit.

      - David Baugh
    • pbtoau
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2013
        Update.

        Using Mathematica 9 and Windows 8 on a fast computer still has the same implementation limit but, it now takes only 85 seconds. Raise the limit already.