Re: Nth Index of a Prime

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "Jens Kruse Andersen" <jens.k.a@...> wrote:

      > Two years ago I searched for a good pi(x) program,
      > found an old mention of Christian Bau and dug up a link to
      > http://www.cbau.freeserve.co.uk [broken URL]

      Thanks, Jens!

      web.archive.org/web/20040125140056/http://www.cbau.freeserve.co.uk/

      seems to be an appropriate archived URL. "PrimeCount.cp" says:

      > This code is unfinished work in progress. For this reason,
      > you may download this code and use it on the computer that
      > you used for downloading, but any further distribution is
      > strictly prohibited.

      which seems to permit personal use.

      David
    • pbtoau
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2010
        Looks like Bau's code goes twice as high as Baugh's code and I don't have source code. The code the community needs is that developed by Tomás Oliveira e Silva. His can go to at least 10^23. I have asked, but I guess not nicely enough.

        - David