PFGW 3.3.3 has been released
- I have posted Windows, MacIntel, and Linux binaries here, http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpfgw/files/
The major change in this release is that it has been updated to use
gwnum 25.14, which addresses the following issues:
1) Gwnum would lose the /d in some (k*b^n+c)/d cases. This happened
primarily in cases where the number was between 300 and 350 bits.
2) The final conversion from gwnum to binary could fail in cases
where generic reduction was used. The larger the number the less
likely the bug would occur.
3) Zero padded FFTs of length 80 and 112 could fail.
4) More conservative in selecting an FFT length for non-base-2 cases.
This release also goes back to using rational FFTs, which are slightly
faster than irrational FFTs.
With these changes to gwnum, there will be fewer roundoff errors with
PFGW. These changes also address primality tests that silently fail.
"Silently fail" refers to tests that do not trigger roundoff errors,
yet have an incorrect result. It is highly recommended to update your
clients to this release.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]