Ultimate discovery about prime number

  • akhand276
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
      Dear friends,
      I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.

      even number%odd number
      % is remainder operation

      if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or prime
      number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.

      what is your opinion about it.
      -ajay khandelwal
      akhand276@...
    • Paul Leyland
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
        On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
        >
        > even number%odd number
        > % is remainder operation
        >
        > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or prime
        > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
        >
        > what is your opinion about it.
        > -ajay khandelwal

        200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.

        Better luck next time.

        Paul
      • Paul Leyland
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
          On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:52 +0000, Paul Leyland wrote:

          > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear friends,
          > > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
          > >
          > > even number%odd number
          > > % is remainder operation
          > >
          > > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or
          > prime
          > > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
          > >
          > > what is your opinion about it.
          > > -ajay khandelwal
          >
          > 200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.
          >
          > Better luck next time.
          >
          > Paul

          Oops! My initial response failed to take into account the requirement
          that both numbers are not primes. 8-( Sorry about that.

          However, 400%15 == 10 suggests that you still need to re-consider.

          Paul
        • Mark
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leyland <paul@...> wrote:

            > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:52 +0000, Paul Leyland wrote:
            > >
            > > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Dear friends,
            > > > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
            > > >
            > > > even number%odd number
            > > > % is remainder operation
            > > >
            > > > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or
            > > prime
            > > > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
            > > >
            > > > what is your opinion about it.
            > > > -ajay khandelwal
            > >
            > > 200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.
            > >
            > > Better luck next time.
            > >
            > > Paul
            >
            > Oops! My initial response failed to take into account the requirement
            > that both numbers are not primes. 8-( Sorry about that.
            >
            > However, 400%15 == 10 suggests that you still need to re-consider.
            >

            > Paul

            True, but having a common factor (five) makes it too easy. :)

            How about 64%15 == 4.

            Ajay welcome to the world of primes and 'ultimate discovery' quashings!