Ultimate discovery about prime number

  • akhand276
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
      Dear friends,
      I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.

      even number%odd number
      % is remainder operation

      if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or prime
      number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.

      what is your opinion about it.
      -ajay khandelwal
      akhand276@...
    • akhand276

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
          On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:

          > Dear friends,
          > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
          >
          > even number%odd number
          > % is remainder operation
          >
          > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or prime
          > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
          >
          > what is your opinion about it.
          > -ajay khandelwal

          200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.

          Better luck next time.

          Paul
        • Paul Leyland
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
            On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:52 +0000, Paul Leyland wrote:

            > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear friends,
            > > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
            > >
            > > even number%odd number
            > > % is remainder operation
            > >
            > > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or
            > prime
            > > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
            > >
            > > what is your opinion about it.
            > > -ajay khandelwal
            >
            > 200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.
            >
            > Better luck next time.
            >
            > Paul

            Oops! My initial response failed to take into account the requirement
            that both numbers are not primes. 8-( Sorry about that.

            However, 400%15 == 10 suggests that you still need to re-consider.

            Paul
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
              --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leyland <paul@...> wrote:

              > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:52 +0000, Paul Leyland wrote:
              > >
              > > On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 09:55 +0000, akhand276 wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear friends,
              > > > I am new to this group. This is my first message to this group.
              > > >
              > > > even number%odd number
              > > > % is remainder operation
              > > >
              > > > if both number is not prime number then remainder will be 0,1 or
              > > prime
              > > > number.reverse(odd number%even number) is also true.
              > > >
              > > > what is your opinion about it.
              > > > -ajay khandelwal
              > >
              > > 200 % 7 = 4. That should indicate my opinion.
              > >
              > > Better luck next time.
              > >
              > > Paul
              >
              > Oops! My initial response failed to take into account the requirement
              > that both numbers are not primes. 8-( Sorry about that.
              >
              > However, 400%15 == 10 suggests that you still need to re-consider.
              >

              > Paul

              True, but having a common factor (five) makes it too easy. :)

              How about 64%15 == 4.

              Ajay welcome to the world of primes and 'ultimate discovery' quashings!