RFC Number Factor Patterns

  • christoffur
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2010
      The response was so good in Google Groups Sci.Math.Num-Analysis I thought I would post the same message here to see if there is any interest.

      Sorry to members of Yahoo Groups UnsolvedProblems, and Primeform for duplicate posts. Obviously you can ignore this if you have already seen it or are uninterested.

      http://primes.christopherthompson.me/index525.shtml

      Factors, Prime Factors and Change of Base for Numbers:

      This is a series of images of number patterns that appear when highlighting the factors of a number.

      Number is on left, Primes are red. Columns to right count the same numbers in sequentially increasing number bases.

      Factors have trailing zero or zeroes highlighted gray or green indicating the next sequential multiple of that number base. "0" is the first multiple, "00" is the square, "000" is the cube, etc. Blue columns are a non-prime number base and black are prime.

      There are only 132 columns at this time. Number 131 is the largest prime number base stored in a column, but the rows go down to number 8434 where the last prime is 8431.

      My dsl is slow and will test your patience quotient. Most people have been quitting around page6 or 8. I assume its too boring, but I think that last pages are the most interesting. If you turn your browser's smooth scrolling off, you get a stroboscopic effect, that at least mesmerizes me. I personally like index1050.shtml the best.