The original implementation of APR-CL is no longer being maintained..

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      APR-CL was written on a CDC Cyber by Dik Winter when fellow CWI-er Arjen Lenstra introduced him to his and Henri Cohen's improvements to traditional APR in the very early 80s, a few years before the CL paper was actually published. It achieved great success tackling previously unimaginable targets from the Cunningham Tables and elsewhere, in part due to the quality of Dik's implementation.

      Unfortunately, only a couple of months before a well-earned retirement after 40 years at CWI, Dik Winter passed away last week.

      He was never a member of this list, but as he had been one of the movers and the shakers in the prime number world I thought I'd pass the bad news on. His contributions to usenet, where I have had many a fascinating (and, to be honest, quite fawning) discussion about numerically-oriented programming, made him a real gem. He was still contributing positively, sharing his wisdom as he always did, only a week before he died.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2010
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
        Phil Carmody <thefatphil@...> wrote:

        > Dik Winter passed away last week.