PFGW 3.2.5 has been released
- 1) Fixed b^n+1 check for using fast modular reduction
2) Some prime numbers silently fail (i.e. no errors detected) when testing for primality. To address this, PFGW will tell gwnum to use an irrational FFT for all tests.
3) Added new options for PFGW scripts. It can now do primality tests. It will also differentiate between numbers that are PRP and numbers that are prime based upon those tests. Please read scriptfileformat.txt for more information on how to use these new features. Note that old PFGW scripts might not work correctly with this version of PFGW.
4) PFGW scripts can now use forms (input as strings) for the PRP test. Previous releases handled decimal expansions only. With this release PFGW scripts can take advantage of fast modular reduction.
This release has significant changes for people using PFGW scripts (such as Conjectures 'R Us). Since scripts can now pass an expression (via a string) to the PRP comment, PFGW will output that expression, not its decimal expansion.
- The Linux and MacIntel builds are now ready. Here are all of the links:
I have one final note. I am not fluent in perl, so the scriptify perl
script and its accompanying documentation have not been updated. I
have never used scriptify, so I'm not convinced that the current
version will generate scripts that work correctly. If someone would
like to take on that task and send me new files, it would greatly
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]