Prime Count 2010

  • JeffC
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2009
      Hi, all.

      Some of you may be interested in this, many will not see the point. I'm happy to discuss it.

      But first, I have written up what I feel to be a straight-forward, easy to read description on the Riemann Hypothesis in a very compact manner. Feel free to check it out at your liesure and certainly provide any feedback if you want:

      http://www.jeffreyncook.com/jeff%20cook%20mathematics/cook%20riemann%20hypothesis%20proof/riemann%20hypothesis/riemann%20hypothesis%2001.htm

      Now, for c++ programmers, I could use your help with primeCount. It's a program I'd like to develop, but do not have the skills alone to accomplish with c++. In general, it's a program specified to what I could really use, a prime generator that doesn't use up memory. The algorithm is simple and relatively fast, but there are bugs that need to be worked out in the code first.

      For more info, feel free to ask, or just read up on it here:

      http://www.jeffreyncook.com/jeff%20cook%20mathematics/prime%20count/prime%20count%20introduction.htm

      Thanks greatly,

      Jeff
    • maximilian_hasler
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "JeffC" <@...> wrote:

        > Hi, all.
        >
        > Some of you may be interested in this,
        > many will not see the point. I'm happy to discuss it.

        Nice start ;-)

        > But first, I have written up what I feel to be a straight-forward,
        > easy to read description on the Riemann Hypothesis
        > http://www.jeffreyncook.com/jeff%20cook%20mathematics/cook%20riemann%20hypothesis%20proof/riemann%20hypothesis/riemann%20hypothesis%2001.htm

        I agree with equation (1): 1/x = x^-1
        and with equation (2): x = log(e^x)
        but not with equation (3), " integral of Li(x) = 1/log(x) "

        (I did not see if this is used later on.) Also, you say

        "one takes the natural logarithm of all the numbers and divides them by one"

        In both cases, it should be the other way round.

        That said, I wish a Happy New composite year to all prime maniacs! ;-)

        Maximilian