While I'm Here

  • James J Youlton Jr
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      While I'm here, I'd like to invite everyone to participate in an online prime search contest. The contest "Tribal Primes" at http://www.v-sonline.com/index.pl?C4 has been running for about 12 days now and it's turning out that one of the lower parts has become an exciting search for an optimal sequence of primes. The contest description is as follows:

      Your task is to find a lists of N primes such that the sums of every combination of three in the submitted list generates the most unique primes. For example, the list of 5 primes (5, 37, 47, 89, 97) generates the 9 unique primes (89, 131, 139, 149, 173, 181, 191, 223, 233). You may submit primes lists such that the largest three prime sum is less than 2 ^ 26. The contest is divided in to 20 parts where N is from 6 to 25, inclusive.

      For N = 6, 7 and 8, the optimals have been found, but the N = 9 optimal of 70 unique primes has proven elusive so far.

      Enjoy,

      James

      p.s. The contests are free to participate in. I'm basically having fun making challenging puzzles to solve for the public.