Proof of non-existence of odd perfect numbers

  • Peter Lesala
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2009
      Hi,

      Just over two hours ago I submitted to the American Journal of Mathematics the paper I finished titled Proof of non-existence of odd perfect numbers which some of you know about. I sent it out to a selected group of individuals just over two months ago. Thanks for the professional support I got.

      To my disappointment about 20 minutes ago I received an email from Bill Bouris one of the people who read my paper saying that he has sent a shortened proof of this paper to some other maths journal and that we will get credit for it.

      At first Bill was nice and supportive, but afterwards tried to come up with shorter versions of the proof, which were full of fallacies.

      I hope Bill is just joking and trying test how smart I am.

      Peter.