Re: MM61

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2009
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
      "maximilian_hasler" <maximilian.hasler@...> wrote:

      > i.e. MM61 = 14 (mod 223)

      According to Landon Curt Noll and Tony Forbes,
      MM61 is not divisible by any prime less than
      43180130614086110782608760243

      http://www.garlic.com/~wedgingt/MMPstats.txt

      David
    • Norman Luhn
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 2, 2009
      • mgrogue@wi.rr.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2009
          ---- Norman Luhn <nluhn@...> wrote:
          > More also here:
          >
          > http://anthony.d.forbes.googlepages.com/mm61prog.htm

          Geoff Reynolds and I wrote a program that is faster than Tony's, but he has not responded to our inquiries to see if he is interested in our code.

          --Mark
        • j_chrtn
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
            Hi,

            BTW, does someone here know if there's (still) an active project to find a factor of MM127 (i.e. C5); and if so, what's the current status for this number?

            http://www.garlic.com/~wedgingt/MMPstats.txt page seems a bit outdated.

            Jean-Louis

            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mgrogue@...> wrote:

            > ---- Norman Luhn <nluhn@...> wrote:
            > > More also here:
            > >
            > > http://anthony.d.forbes.googlepages.com/mm61prog.htm
            >
            > Geoff Reynolds and I wrote a program that is faster than Tony's, but he has not responded to our inquiries to see if he is interested in our code.
            >
            > --Mark

          • Bernardo Boncompagni
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
              Andrew Steward maintains an amazing list of all known legal generalized
              repunit primes at http://www.primes.viner-steward.org/andy/titans.html .

              In Chris Caldwell's sense, a legal generalized repunit prime is a prime
              number of the form (b^p-1)/(b-1) such that 3<=b<=5p, b<>10, p prime.

              Unfortunately, as far as I know, a list of pseudoprimes to fill the gaps
              in Andy's list is not available, so I started collecting them to help
              Andrew's site grow.

              You can find the list at phi.redgolpe.com .

              Bernardo Boncompagni

              "When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had
              the land and the missionaries had the bible.
              They taught how to pray with our eyes closed.
              When we opened them, they had the land and we
              had the bible"
              Jomo Kenyatta

              VisualTaxa - Taxonomy in a visual way
              http://visualtaxa.redgolpe.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
                Bernardo Boncompagni <RedGolpe@...> wrote:

                > a list of pseudoprimes to fill the gaps

                If you mean Caldwell-legal probable GRU primes,
                then Andy has no gaps below 16679 digits:

                http://www.primes.viner-steward.org/andy/titans.html
                > All legal examples with fewer than 16679 digits
                > have been found. 3452 await proof.

                Those PRPs sit in his private files, while ECM tries
                to factorize cyclotomic cofactors of N-1, for a proof.

                David
              • Bernardo Boncompagni
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
                  djbroadhurst dice:

                  > If you mean Caldwell-legal probable GRU primes,
                  > then Andy has no gaps below 16679 digits:

                  > Those PRPs sit in his private files

                  I know. Since his files are private I'm just trying to speed up the
                  process of primality proving by publishing at least a small portion of
                  those PRP's. A quantity of them are below 3,500 digits and could be
                  easily proven with PRIMO without terrible efforts. And tbh, I don't like
                  the idea of "private files" in the first place.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 6, 2009
                    --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
                    Bernardo Boncompagni <RedGolpe@...> wrote:

                    > Since his files are private I'm just trying to speed up the
                    > process of primality proving by publishing at least a small
                    > portion of those PRP's.

                    Here's a PRP for your collection:
                    http://www.primenumbers.net/prptop/searchform.php?form=%3F180181%3F

                    Incidentally, Andy's site provides what is neeed here:

                    > Puzzle 89: For a base with 89 > b > 2, find a gigantic
                    > base-b superpseudoprime with precisely 26 composite divisors.

                    Solution: 206007889*425389507*662130751*2517984907*(15^8741-1)/14
                    is a gigantic base-15 pseudoprime with precisely
                    26 composite divisors, all of which are 15-PRP.

                    David
                  • Bernardo Boncompagni
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 7, 2009
                      djbroadhurst dice:

                      > Here's a PRP for your collection:

                      Added :) I was aware of Henry Lifchitz's site but didn't think about
                      checking it for generalized repunits. Unfortunately now that I did I
                      couldn't find any more than the one you mentioned.

                      Bernardo Boncompagni

                      "When the missionaries arrived, the Africans had
                      the land and the missionaries had the bible.
                      They taught how to pray with our eyes closed.
                      When we opened them, they had the land and we
                      had the bible"
                      Jomo Kenyatta

                      VisualTaxa - Taxonomy in a visual way
                      http://visualtaxa.redgolpe.com
                    • tjw99
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 7, 2009
                        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Bernardo Boncompagni <RedGolpe@...> wrote:

                        > djbroadhurst dice:
                        >
                        > > Here's a PRP for your collection:
                        >
                        > Added :) I was aware of Henry Lifchitz's site but didn't think about
                        > checking it for generalized repunits. Unfortunately now that I did I
                        > couldn't find any more than the one you mentioned.

                        http://www.primenumbers.net/prptop/searchform.php?form=%28b^n-1%29%2Fa&action=Search

                        That will catch some Mersenne cofactors as well, but will turn up no shortage of PrP GRUs.

                        Tom
                      • Bernardo Boncompagni
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 8, 2009
                          tjw99 dice:

                          > That will catch some Mersenne cofactors as well, but will turn up no
                          > shortage of PrP GRUs.

                          Nice one. I actually searched only for "?Phi?".