Is this true?

  • hamathib
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
      Point (1): There is a pattern in compound numbers. This implies that compound numbers have a function.

      Point (2): There is a relationship between compound numbers and squares of primes. This implies that squares of primes have a function dependent on the function of compounds.

      Point (3): The pattern in prime numbers is related to "Point 2". This implies that prime numbers have a function.

      Regards.
    • Billy Hamathi
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
        Why do I make very silly mistakes even when I am serious, the question should read:

        Point (1): There is a pattern in composite numbers. This implies that composite numbers have a function.

        Point (2): There is a relationship between composite numbers and squares of primes. This implies that squares of primes have a function dependent on the function of composites.

        Point (3): The pattern in prime numbers is related to "Point 2". This implies that prime numbers have a function.

      • Chris Caldwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
          I am not sure what your point is, but it seems to center on the Urban
          myths that there are no functions which describe the primes. There are
          many (none particularly useful, but dozens have been published). For
          subsets of the primes, my favorite is Mills'

          The primes are a pattern.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
            Thanks Chris, but could you answer me without answering what my question could imply? Is it true?

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
              Chris Caldwell wrote:
              > I am not sure what your point is, but it seems to center on the Urban
              > myths that there are no functions which describe the primes. There are
              > many (none particularly useful, but dozens have been published). For
              > subsets of the primes, my favorite is Mills'
              >
              > The primes are a pattern.

              Do you have time to elaborate a bit on that ?
              Though I think that I know what you are talking
              about, I would like to read your own version,
              with examples etc.

              Best regards,
              yg