Music model for prime numbers

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2009
      In this music model, the prime integers fall on the silences.

      2 is the first positive prime integer.

      Imagine, starting with 2, making a drumbeat, every second time.
      No sound is heard at 3.
      3 is the second positive prime integer.
      Starting at 3, make a drumbeat, every third time.

      At 4 we hear the drumbeat started at 2.

      No sound is heard at 5.

      5 is the third positive prime integer.

      Starting at 5, make a drumbeat every 5th time.

      At 6, we hear the two drumbeats, one started at 2, and one started at 3.

      No sound is heard at 7.
      7 is the fourth positive prime integer.
      Starting at 7, make a drumbeat every 7th time.

      etc
    • Chris Caldwell
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2009
        > Imagine, starting with 2, making a drumbeat, every second time.

        You can hear something similar to that here

        http://primes.utm.edu/programs/music/listen/page5.html

        CC

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2009
          How rare is it to have 3 prime numbers concatenated left-to-right or right-to-left and still gives you primes?

          And if all primes are additive primes (i.e. having prime digit sums) than how rare that would be?

          Example:
          7          with  7=7
          29         with  2+9=11
          139       with  1+3+9=13