Re: Goldbach/twin prime

  • descarthes
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2009
      Actually I found what might be seen, by some, as a hole, just after eqn (2), and have written a patch for it.
      The existing text reads
      "...there being notably only one positive multiple, p, of p that is lower than 2p, and Div(P(n), p) = {p}".
      The patch follows immediately afterwards, with:
      "Thus we reach the foundation of our proof, which is that, if n > 2, for any q in P(n) \ {2, p} there is a subset H of P(n) for which q = min H, and for any integer i,
      |Mult([pq, y], {pq})| >= Mult([pq+i, y+i], {pq})|,
      while |Mult([1, pq), {q}) \ T([1, pq), q, P(n) \ {2})| = 1."

      I've made a few other very minor amendments and have asked the site owner to update it on the server (`UnsolvedProblems.org').

      Tom