A162290- third application

  • Devaraj Kandadai
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      The Pomerance indices seem to have another application; we can find
      the minimum universal exponents pertaining to Carmichael numbers. For
      the present I will just give one numerical illustration:

      The Minimum u.e = (N-1)/2*(PI) where N = 3CN and PI is Pomerance

      Take 561. Applying the above formula we get 2^(9+40*k) is congruent to
      -49(mod(561)).

      Here k belongs to N.

      In pari this is {p(k)=if(Mod(2,561)^(9+40*k) + 49}

      A.K. Devaraj

    • Devaraj Kandadai
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
        To complete the pari ...,print("integer").