Re: [PrimeNumbers] non-proof of Betrand

  • Chris Caldwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
      At 12:32 PM 8/2/01 +0000, d.broadhurst@... wrote:
      >I think it is very unfair on Chris Caldwell to
      >cite him in the acknowledgements to this document,
      >which purports to be a submission to the Royal Society.

      I very much would prefer **not** to be cited there.

      I appreciate being thanked, and indeed you are all
      thanked there (as a community). But my concern
      is simply that it could be taken to imply that I am
      endorsing his work--which I do not. In fact it might
      naturally be taken to imply I have seen his work,
      which I have done in only a very cursory manner.

      So I'd appreciate my name being removed from the
      thanks. At the very least I think it would more
      correct for him to write "My thanks to
      Dr. Caldwell for creating a useful web site and..."
      which clarifies our lack of interaction.

      Chris

      Chris K. Caldwell, professor
      University of Tennessee at Martin
      Martin, TN 38238 caldwell@...