Re: Random prime numbers generator

  • paulunderwood@mindless.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      Hi

      here my idea for a "random prime" number generator. Like Phil's
      random 512 bit string idea mine works like this...

      let x be a 128 bit binary string starting with 1 and having a
      subsequent 127 random bits (using a random number generator).

      Next let f=x^4-x-1 so that f has the required 512 bits.

      Calculate x^(f-1) mod f. If this is 1 then we have a "charateristic
      pseudoprime" (after much searching I have not found a composite one)
      which is also automatically a "symmetric pseudoprime" (but unlike the
      classical methods only requires one exponential calculation).

      Perhaps someone can give an estimate of the number of possible primes
      that can be found for this 127 bit domain.

      Paul