Re: [PrimeNumbers] RSA Factors, First Digits

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2009
      --- On Thu, 4/16/09, Paul Leyland <paul@...> wrote:
      > Phil Carmody wrote:
      > > As the mod who approved that post, it provided me with an only
      > > momentary problem. As per Ken's post to which you refer
      > > "unless it contains an answer to the challenge he has been issued"
      > > Milton's post _did_ contain such answers. It's now approaching
      > > science, as it can be falsified.
      >
      > Note that sieving for RSA-768 has now finished. With luck, we should
      > know the leading digits (indeed, all of them) of the prime factors
      > within a few months.

      'pon seeing Milton's post I thought of hammering a post or mail off to Bob S. or sci.crypt (irrespectively, probably) to enquire who, presuming someone, was attacking such a task. However, I've not had the time this last week to even contemplate actually following through with that.

      Thanks for volunteering the information, and good luck finding some roots in your field. (Dare I say "That'll be a turnip for the books"? Nah, I probably shouldn't.) Do let us know each digit as you discover it, won't you?