Re: primes in arithmetic sequences

  • Maximilian Hasler
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2009
      Wouldn't this imply the twin prime conjecture ?
      (for p=q+2 it would imply existence of another twin prime pair at
      (q,p)+2t, and then so on)
      Regards,
      Maximilian

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Sebastian Martin Ruiz
      <s_m_ruiz@...> wrote:

      > Hello:
      > Let p and q odd prime numbers p>q by Dirichlet�theorem exist t1 and
      t2 positives integers�that �p+t1(p-q) and q+t2(p-q) are primes.Can
      someone prove that they exist by the same t?It is to say�exists a
      positive integer t that p+t(p-q) and q+t(p-q) are both primes?
      > Sincerely
      > Sebastian Martin Ruiz
    • Sebastian Martin Ruiz
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 2009
        Twin prime conjecture is precisely what I am trying to prove with this conjecture. We can prove by Dirichlet Theorem that exist the same t?We know by  Dirichlet Theorem that exists infinity many t1 y t2 that p+t1(p-q) and q+t2(p-q) are both primes. But there are no two be equal?

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
          Dear Sebastian:

          In a recent work J.M. Deshouillers and F. Luca [On the distribution of some means concerning the densitiy, Funct. Approx. Comment. Math. Volume 39, Number 2 (2008), 335-344.] consider certain means of the values of the Euler function to prove that they are dense modulo one. At the Czech-Slovak Number Theory Conference in August 2007, F. Luca raised the question whether certain other sequences of mean values of the Euler function are uniformly distributed modulo one. Among these are the sequences of arithmetic and geometric means. Recently, J.M. Deshouillers and H. Iwaniec gave a method leading to an affirmative answer for Luca's question in the case of arithmetic mean, and a conditional answer for the case of geometric mean. The aim is to be framiliar with this method. it might be useful on your approach to prove twin prime number conjecture. meanwhile you can keep up yourself in connection with Professor Iwaniec.

          Sincerely Yours.

          Saeed Ranjbar

        • Kermit Rose
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
            2. primes in arithmetic sequences
            Posted by: "Sebastian Martin Ruiz" s_m_ruiz@... s_m_ruiz
            Date: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:15 am ((PST))

            Let p and q odd prime numbers p>q by Dirichlet theorem exist t1 and t2
            positives integers that p+t1(p-q) and q+t2(p-q) are primes.Can someone
            prove that they exist by the same t?It is to say exists a positive
            integer t that p+t(p-q) and q+t(p-q) are both primes?
            Sincerely
            Sebastian Martin Ruiz

            r1 = p+t1(p-q)
            r2 = q+t2(p-q)

            r1 - r2 = ( p+t1(p-q) ) - ( q+t2(p-q) )

            r1 - r2 = (p - q) + t1 (p-q) - t2(p-q)

            r1 - r2 = (1 + t1 - t2 ) (p - q)

            If t1 = t2,

            r1 - r2 = p - q

            The existence of r1 and r2 is implied by the conjecture that
            every even integer is the difference of two primes.

            Kermit
          • Maximilian Hasler
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2009
              Yes, there are common values for t1 y t2, but no-one can prove it yet.
              I don't expect that this more general statement could be proved prior
              to proving the twin prime conjecture (which is the special case p-q=2
              where the values of t1, t2 are most dense - in fact you have a t1 and
              a t2 for each prime larger than p resp. q).
              Maximilian