New record for 12 simultaneous primes

  • Dirk Augustin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hello Group!

      While searching for a large Cunningham Chain of length 11 and after
      sieving through more than 40 trillion candidates I discovered the
      following Cunningham Chain of length 12:

      CC12 of 2nd kind starting at 62 digits:

      13931865163581*2^n*127#+1, n=0,..,11

      This improves also the old record for 12 simultaneous primes from 58
      to 64 digits.

      Regards,
      Dirk
    • Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2008
        Dirk Augustin wrote:
        > While searching for a large Cunningham Chain of length 11 and after
        > sieving through more than 40 trillion candidates I discovered the
        > following Cunningham Chain of length 12:
        >
        > CC12 of 2nd kind starting at 62 digits:
        >
        > 13931865163581*2^n*127#+1, n=0,..,11
        >
        > This improves also the old record for 12 simultaneous primes from 58
        > to 64 digits.

        Congratulations!
        http://hjem.get2net.dk/jka/math/simultprime.htm is updated.
        The old record was also a lucky CC12 in a CC11 search:

        Jens Kruse Andersen