Re: [PrimeNumbers] Factorization of Prime numbers

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2008
      --- On Tue, 12/23/08, dm_kulkarni45 <dm_kulkarni45@...> wrote:
      > Hello Friends,
      > Prime numbers by its definition is a number divisible
      > by itself
      > or 1. But prime numbers can be factorised by using complex
      > numbers
      > (imaginary numbers).
      > (1+i)(1-i)=2; (2+i)(2-i)=5; (2+3i)(2-3i)=13
      > I fact any number can be expressed as the product of
      > complex conjugates
      > This may not be something new, somebody might have found
      > it. But I
      > welcome to have your comments or any further research.

      So not only do you claim to have a proof of the Goldbach conjecture (which of course was nonsense), but also you are unfamiliar with the concept of the Gaussian integers and Gaussian primes.

      If any number can be expressed as a product of complex conjugates, then how would you express 3, 7, or 11 as one?