POAP

  • Mark Underwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      POAP - primes in oscillating arithmetic progression. Yes a kooky twist from the regular
      programming, pardon the pun. Its only appeal is that one can possibly attain progressions
      up to twice as long as usual, I think.

      Some examples: if we pretend that negatives can be prime, then

      13 - 5#*n*(-1)^n is prime from n=0 to n=9.

      1447 - 6*5#*n*(-1)^n is prime from n=0 to n=10.

      9433 + 7*7#*n*(-1)^n is prime from n=0 to n=14.

      But I think the law of diminishing returns quickly sets in.

      Mark