Re: Big PrimoProth prime number

  • dibo12fr
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Kruse Andersen"
      <jens.k.a@...> wrote:

      > A PrimoProth prime is based on this, a Proth prime where k is a
      primorial:
      > m#*2^n+1 with m# < 2^n
      > However, m#*2^n-1 with m# < 2^n also appears to be allowed.
      > See http://www.primenumbers.net/Henri/us/FactPrimus.htm
      > The only PrimoProths in your post are those with 17#, 947#, 977#.

      Hello Jens and Robert,
      Thanks for your valuable comments. I forgot to check the criteria of
      m# < 2^n, mainly because it was a search with constant n.
      Robert points out that these numbers are not records at all.
      Surprinsingly, the site has not been updated since 2002. Maybe due to
      lack of time, or no more interest or contributors.

      BR