Fw: Re: [PrimeNumbers] Loosey-Goosey Goldbach vs. Riemann - Revised

  • Mark Underwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2008
      Hi Bill,

      Well, is this not further evidence that lawyers have a penchant for
      making simple things overly complex? :) Nonetheless you are still in
      good company because Pierre de Fermat was also a lawyer if I remember
      correctly.

      Anyways, the Loosey-Goosey Goldbach proposal first stalls at

      I = 60
      and
      I = 61.

      That is because there is a relatively huge prime gap between the prime
      113 and the next prime 127.

      For instance, if I = 60, there is no N that is 1,3,or 5 away from 60
      which when added to 60 will yield a prime.

      Mark

      .

      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Krys <billkrys@...> wrote:

      > OK, the configuration of the table should work as i tried emailing
      it to myself and the table held it's formatting, so hopefully it
      should work here too. Sorry about that. Adapting the expression
      from Bones from Star Trek, "For God's sakes, I'm a lawyer, not a
      mathematician/computer guy". So please be patient. See table below.

      > Bill Krys
      >
      > This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
      it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or
      privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you
      are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
      distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received
      in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

      I, for example, see I=44 and N must be 45, which makes the
      loosey-goosey prime pair -1 and 89. So must revise to say if want only
      1 unique N (which is an integer), not just 1 or 3 or 5 plus a prime to
      make loosey-goosey prime pairs, but should be absolute values of -1
      or 1 or 3 or 5 makes all even numbers. but N still holds for being
      unique to I.

      > Also, I may have erred in saying alternate around best fit line of
      slope 2, may be all above.

      > I'm a lawyer, not a mathematician.
      >
      > See graph below:
      >

      > Bill Krys
      >
      > This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
      it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or
      privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you
      are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
      distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received
      in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

      two numerical examples; one numerical = a thousand words.
      > Devaraj
      >
      > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Bill Krys <billkrys@yahoo. com> wrote:
      >
      > Is there any relation between a loosey-goosey (loosey-goosey because
      I'm saying that 1 is a prime number) Goldbach Conjecture in which each
      positive integer >4 (I) may be represented by the sum of the loosey
      goosey prime pair )(1 or 3 or 5) + (some prime number (P), such that
      the absolute difference (N) between I and (1 or 3 or 5) = the absolute
      difference (N) between I and P and each N is a unique integer, thus
      producing a best-fit line of slope = 2 when P is graphed against the
      rank of I (where the 1st I (4) has rank 1, the 2nd I (5) has rank 2,
      the 3rd I (6) has rank 3, and so on. The primes (P) then oscillate
      seemingly unpredictably but on average equally on either side of this
      line of slope 2.

      > So then does this slope of 2 have any relationship to the
      multiplicative inverse of the real part (1/2) of non-trivial zero
      solutions of the zeta function, in which they are hypothesized to
      occur equally on either side of the critical line?

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Underwood"
        <mark.underwood@...> wrote:

        > Hi Bill,
        >
        > Well, is this not further evidence that lawyers have a penchant for
        > making simple things overly complex? :) Nonetheless you are still in
        > good company because Pierre de Fermat was also a lawyer if I remember
        > correctly.
        >
        > Anyways, the Loosey-Goosey Goldbach proposal first stalls at
        >
        > I = 60
        > and
        > I = 61.
        >
        > That is because there is a relatively huge prime gap between the prime
        > 113 and the next prime 127.
        >
        > For instance, if I = 60, there is no N that is 1,3,or 5 away from 60
        > which when added to 60 will yield a prime.
        >

        > Mark
        >

        > .

        Now I'm making it more complex than necessary, and I'm not even a
        lawyer. :)

        Bill's proposal simply amounted to this: For every even integer there
        is a prime that is 1,3 or 5 units away. This is a no go, but it
        reminds me of an earlier proposal of mine: For every positive integer
        n there is a prime or prime power just a square (no larger than n) away.

        ie,

        2 + 1^2 = 3

        33 - 5^2 = 2^3.

        Proof to follow.