Fw: Re: [PrimeNumbers] Loosey-Goosey Goldbach vs. Riemann - Revised

  • Bill Krys
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2008
      OK, the configuration of the table should work as i tried emailing it to myself and the table held it's formatting, so hopefully it should work here too. Sorry about that. Adapting the expression from Bones from Star Trek, "For God's sakes, I'm a lawyer, not a mathematician/computer guy". So please be patient. See table below.

      Bill Krys

      This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

      From: Bill Krys <billkrys@...>
      To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 3:52 PM

      Rank
      Centre #
      Low Prime
      High Prime

      f sl
      4
      1
      3
      5
      1

      2
      5
      2
      3
      7
      2

      3
      6
      5
      5
      7
      1,5

      4
      7
      4
      3
      11
      4,6

      5
      8
      3
      5
      11
      3,5

      6
      9
      8
      1
      17
      2,4,8

      7
      10
      7
      3
      17
      3,7,9

      8
      11
      6
      5
      17
      4,6,8

      9
      12
      11
      1
      23
      1,5,7,11

      10
      13
      10
      3
      23
      6,10

      11
      14
      9
      5
      23
      3,9

      12
      15
      14
      1
      29
      2,4,8,14

      13
      16
      15
      1
      31
      3,13,15

      14
      17
      12
      5
      29
      6,12,14

      15
      18
      13
      5
      31
      1,5,11,13

      16
      19
      18
      1
      37
      12,18

      17
      20
      17
      3
      37
      3,9,17

      18
      21
      16
      5
      37
      2,8,10,16,20

      19
      22
      19
      3
      41
      9,15,19,21

      20
      23
      20
      3
      43
      6,18,20

      21
      24
      23
      1
      47
      5,7,13,17,19, 23

      22
      25
      22
      3
      47
      6,12,18,22

      23
      26
      21
      5
      47
      3,15,21

      24
      27
      26
      1
      53
      4,10,14,16,20, 26

      25
      28
      25
      3
      53
      9,15,25

      26
      29
      24
      5
      53
      12,18,24

      27
      30
      29
      1
      59
      1,7,11,13,17, 19,23,29

      28
      31
      30
      1
      61
      12,28,30

      29
      32
      27
      5
      59
      9,15,21,27,29

      30
      33
      28
      5
      61
      4,10,14,20,26, 28,

      31
      34
      33
      1
      67
      3,27,33

      32
      35
      32
      3
      67
      6,12,18,24,32

      33
      36
      31
      5
      67
      5,7,17,23,25, 31,35

      34
      37
      36
      1
      73
      6,24,30,34,36

      35
      38
      35
      3
      73
      9,15,21,33,35

      36
      39
      34
      5
      73
      2,8,20,22,28, 32,34

      37
      40
      39
      1
      79
      3,21,27,33,39

      38
      41
      38
      3
      79
      12,18,30,38

      39
      42
      37
      5
      79
      31,37,39

      40
      43
      40
      3
      83
      30,36,40

      41
      44
      45
      -1
      89
      39,45

      42
      45
      44
      1
      89
      44

      43
      46
      43
      3
      89
      43

      44
      47
      42
      5
      89
      42

      45
      48
      41
      7
      89
      41

      46
      49
      48
      1
      97
      48

      47
      50
      47
      3
      97
      47

      48
      51
      46
      5
      97
      46

      49
      52
      49
      3
      101
      49

      50
      53
      50
      3
      103
      50

      51
      59
      56
      3
      115
      56

      N, as I discovered as I go along adding to this, may be greater than I, for example, see I=44 and N must be 45, which makes the loosey-goosey prime pair -1 and 89. So must revise to say if want only 1 unique N (which is an integer), not just 1 or 3 or 5 plus a prime to make loosey-goosey prime pairs, but should be absolute values of -1 or 1 or 3 or 5 makes all even numbers. but N still holds for being unique to I.

      Also, I may have erred in saying alternate around best fit line of slope 2, may be all above.

      I'm a lawyer, not a mathematician.

      See graph below:

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2008
        Hi Bill,

        Well, is this not further evidence that lawyers have a penchant for
        making simple things overly complex? :) Nonetheless you are still in
        good company because Pierre de Fermat was also a lawyer if I remember
        correctly.

        Anyways, the Loosey-Goosey Goldbach proposal first stalls at

        I = 60
        and
        I = 61.

        That is because there is a relatively huge prime gap between the prime
        113 and the next prime 127.

        For instance, if I = 60, there is no N that is 1,3,or 5 away from 60
        which when added to 60 will yield a prime.

        Mark

        .

        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Krys <billkrys@...> wrote:

        > OK, the configuration of the table should work as i tried emailing
        it to myself and the table held it's formatting, so hopefully it
        should work here too. Sorry about that. Adapting the expression
        from Bones from Star Trek, "For God's sakes, I'm a lawyer, not a
        mathematician/computer guy". So please be patient. See table below.

        > Bill Krys
        >
        > This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which
        it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or
        privileged information. Please contact the sender immediately if you
        are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
        distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received
        in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

      • Mark Underwood
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2008
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Underwood"
          <mark.underwood@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bill,
          >
          > Well, is this not further evidence that lawyers have a penchant for
          > making simple things overly complex? :) Nonetheless you are still in
          > good company because Pierre de Fermat was also a lawyer if I remember
          > correctly.
          >
          > Anyways, the Loosey-Goosey Goldbach proposal first stalls at
          >
          > I = 60
          > and
          > I = 61.
          >
          > That is because there is a relatively huge prime gap between the prime
          > 113 and the next prime 127.
          >
          > For instance, if I = 60, there is no N that is 1,3,or 5 away from 60
          > which when added to 60 will yield a prime.
          >

          > Mark
          >

          > .

          Now I'm making it more complex than necessary, and I'm not even a
          lawyer. :)

          Bill's proposal simply amounted to this: For every even integer there
          is a prime that is 1,3 or 5 units away. This is a no go, but it
          reminds me of an earlier proposal of mine: For every positive integer
          n there is a prime or prime power just a square (no larger than n) away.

          ie,

          2 + 1^2 = 3

          33 - 5^2 = 2^3.

          Proof to follow.